Yep, you heard me right people. When I first saw this recipe I was instantly curious. I happen to like Stovetop stuffing and also love meatballs. My only problems with meatballs, is I don't normally make them on my own and I don't really care for the fatty pre-made frozen ones they sell in the freezer section.
I was pleasantly surprised that these came out so good. The bonus is that is makes a lot and they freeze very well.
In a large bowl, mix:
2 lbs of ground beef
1 box of chicken flavored Stovetop Stuffing
1 1/4 cups of water
2 eggs
I would also recommend you add a few more spices (pepper, garlic, etc.)
I would also recommend you add a few more spices (pepper, garlic, etc.)
Use a 1/4 cup to measure out each meatball. Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with tin foil (you may need 2 pans). Cook at 400 for 16-18 minutes (I like to turn mine over half way through cooking).
And what about the same old bottle of Ragu that you know you will pull out to go with it? Try adding 2 oz of cubed cream cheese and 1/4 cup of chopped basil. It whips up a nice creamy sauce!




6 comments:
Sounds yummy! I might have to make this tomorrow!
Love the new blog!!!
I made these today, this is a great and easy recipe! They are task and versatile. I added about a quarter cup of sour cream in my mix.
It's good with cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving
I used cornbread stuffing, because that's what I had, and I used a little bit of better than boullion in the water for flavor. Also as for seasoning I used a half pack of Mccormick meatloaf seasoning. Best meatballs ever!
I add a package of brown gravy with water add sour cream and mushrooms pour over top bf cooking
Post a Comment