I have a new obsession.... photography! So I finally got up enough nerve to spend the money for a nice camera. We bought a Canon Rebel xti. It's over 10 mega pixels which is awesome. The tricky part is, I have no earthly idea how to use it! It has so many bells and whistles that it scares me. But I'm determined. It's been a long time since anything has sparked my interest like this. Something that I would actually have to use the few remaining brain cells I have left on. I'm fascinated with some of the photography I've seen online - especially of children and nature. In my secret fantasy world (and it's quite large), I would become good enough at it to create a photography business. I have a LONG way to go mind you. Considering I will probably have to take a few photography classes to get up to speed. I'm posting some of the first pictures I took with the camera below. Please be kind, like I said, I don't know how to use the camera yet. Cheers to those of you who already know fancy words like exposure, metering, and aperture. It's a new language to me. I know it's kind of backwards, but I did start a Photoshop class online last week. This is a fancy software product that photographers use to edit their pictures and make them look great. I figured when my first few months of pictures come out looking horrible, I can just photoshop them right? Now I just need to figure out that program....... Wish me luck. Anyone else out there starting a new hobby/skill? I would love to hear from you. Please don't make me feel like a bonehead alone (it gets pretty lonely) - Drop me a line. My fancy blog counter thingy shows me that people do lurk and read here.
Our neighborhood Sandhill Cranes come around almost everyday looking for bread. We usually don't let Brooke out to feed them because this is what happens..... She was running towards them and it freaked them out. We call this pair Bert and Ernie....
Here they are nice and close just prior to the "Brooke stampede"
Big sister diva!
I pray he never loses those freckles.
This baby loves her daddy (what I really thought taking this was "look at her giggle" along with "You had better catch her Rodney or you will be walking home"
"Queen Bee" on her throne..... the lifeguards left for the day so we stuck the kids on their perch for a few pictures...

5 comments:
The picture with Brooke chasing down the birds is hilarious! Total Lauren move! Haha!
Great pictures for first time out with the camera! I love taking pictures. I am expecting you to come over and teach me everything you learn about photoshop!
Your kids are so beautiful!!!
clicked your blog from angie myzka's... then i saw this post + thought i'd say hello. :) i love photography too. i have a long way to go, but it's such a fun hobby! looks like you're off to a great start! oh how i wish we were near the beach! :)
feel free to check out my blog: www.amberbelmonte.com
Hi Melissa!
I told Herbie today that you had posted a comment on our blog and so i had to ask him where you were in the family! There are so many of you guys that its hard to keep people straight! :D (i do have to say im not alone as Herbie does the same thing and its HIS family :D )
I love your pictures! I love to take pictures also but my camera keeps messing up on me for some reason...i don't know if logan is just moving faster than the camera or what it is..it is so hard to pick the pictures for my blog as i take SOO many!! I love digital cameras and big memory cards as I can take TONS of pictures and cango back to delete later!
p.s. do you myspace? :D
Post a Comment