Friday, November 28, 2008

Still Stuffed!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was perfect. Our company backed out last minute which just left more food and relaxation for us. We did have one guest - Mr. Bob. Mr. Bob is our children's school bus driver. (Why anyone in their right mind would want to come and hang out in this chaos is beyond me!) We met Mr. Bob last school year and have been his adopted family ever since. Mr. Bob hangs here. That's just how it is.


After eating and relaxing all day, Grams and I took Nate and Lo to the roller rink. Nate does well on his rollerblades, but poor Lauren falls. Often. HARD. So I ended up putting skates on to try and help her. I have to admit there are some at the roller rink that have the dance moves down - while skating! When I get brave enough, I may join in. It's hard to hear great dance tunes and not shake whatcha momma gave ya.




Check out this great website of children's crafts - The Crafty Crow. She's got some great links to fellow crafters that are on full speed ahead this time of year. Rodney and I are buying some gifts for the kids this year, but I would also like to make them a couple of things too. Maybe a no-sew fleece blanket? (ya'll know I can't sew!) Or these cute little homemade i-spy bottles from Ten-Ten (I've been collecting stuff for these for months now). I'll let you know what else I come up with..

Oh! Check out this new fav blog - Word to Your Mother. You see, I still keep in contact with the group of girls I grew up and graduated high school with (holla Justene, Sherry and Kristie!) It has been such a bummer that most of us don't live near each other. This blogger Mindi sounds like she could be one of the girls! She's cooler than all get out and stuck in the 80s! I love it. If you need a blast from the past, read some of her posts. Call me Mindi - let's cruise the mall in our leg warmers and banana clips - we could really be BFFs! Totally. For sure. Like, oh my $%^&! Peace out peeps.

4 comments:

Mindi said...

you had me at "bananna clip"......

thanks for the love! let's be bff's 4EVER!!

any gal who knows her way around the 80's is a friend of mine.

pull out your generra sweatshirt and your topsiders (or cheap china-doll shoes) and we'll cruise the mall together looking for jon bonjovi (or in my case, rick springfield.)

~Miss M~ said...

Ok, so I read the first couple pages of Mindi's blog and she is HILARIOUS! I believe when you say you could be BFF's, she reminds me a lot of you. Haha!

Anonymous said...

I hear you with the sewing thing. The funny thing is I volunteer a lot at the local theatre (Encore) where Savi is involved and I almost always end up in costumes. I don't sew!!!

cherry said...

Came over from Sarah's faves party. Great blog. cherry