Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm still in love with CVS

Another banner week at CVS people! (read here about my coupon and CVS passion)


Go now and get your Extra Care card!!!! Here's the breakdown - Actually before I give you that, let me back up......

Last week I went to CVS and took advantage of 2 of the January monthly deals (Children's Throat Cooler Ice Pops - purchased 4 at $4.99 each and got back $19.96 in ECBs to use on my next visit. I also purchased 2 nose sprays they have for $7.99 each and got back $16.00 in ECBs. CVS is offering this items FREE in January. You just need to purchase them and get your ECBs to use on anything in the store next visit)

So I went back in two nights ago armed with my list from The Grocery Game to help me out. I looked for other deals that offered ECBs for the week. Here is what I purchased...

My total before using coupons and ECBs was $139. I gave the cashier my coupons and $47.44 in ECBs (the ones I mentioned above and an additional $11.50 I had previously). The new total after coupons and ECBs was $39.84. The best part about the deal is the ECBs just keep rolling....on the products above, they produced $28.00 in ECBs to use on my next visit! So essentially I got the stuff above for $11.84! Who doesn't love a good deal?

The cashier laughed and said he had never seen a receipt this long (because the ECBs print in smaller increments for each of the qualifying products). My brother is 6'3" and he's holding up the receipt!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You are an inspiration! I used to do the Grocery Game...my problem was that I don't take the newspaper and had trouble rounding up the coupons. Any suggestions? You've given me the itch to start again.

Melissa said...

We get one paper on Sunday and I look through it to decide if I want to go buy more.... Usually I go and buy 4 more. I have to FORCE myself to sit and cut coupons on Sunday night after kids go to bed! It saves us a lot of money and the challenge is fun!