It's done. I survived my trip to California and was so glad I went. Dad's services were beautiful. He looked handsome and peaceful in his police uniform and was buried surrounded by many on the police force in Tulare. We were extremely moved by the sheer number of officers that turned out. It was exactly how he would have wanted it.
Back here at home, I am in "nesting" mode. I'm not sure what that is all about. Anyone? I feel the usual "I need to be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister" because we don't know how much time we have left on this earth. But I also feel the need to purge everything......I guess it's a sense of getting rid of the clutter and just getting down to living.
Now go - hug your hubby/kids/dogs - whatever you have. Time is a precious commodity.
Now I promise my next post will something "lighter". Like a non-sense recipe. Or maybe more pics of my snot-nosed children.....

2 comments:
I'm glad to hear you survived the trip. Events like this help us remember what is important in life. Thanks for the reminder.
What an awesome picture. I am so glad you had a good experience. I know that day will come with people I love, and I hope that I am prepared.
I am also in that exact same "nesting" mode. Partly b/c I just read a great book that is aiding me in being a better mother and has fabulous ideas for everything for kids as they get older, as well as myself. And you know me... I don't read!
The book is called "Celebration: 10 Principles of More Joyous Living" by Jaroldeen Edwards. It is a very quick read and I highly recommend it. We started it for a book club at my ward in Yuma (and a year later I finally finished it!)
Post a Comment