Ok, new record - it's Monday and I'm actually posting something on the day I intended to post it! Yeah!
Today, the kids wanted to do 4th of July cupcakes. So we mix up 2 boxes of white cake mix and equally divided the batter into 3 bowls... then used red and blue food coloring in two bowls. Tip - gel food coloring works best with this type of project. The colors are more intense. My gels didn't look too hot when I got them out of the cupboard, so I went with the regular drops (hence the light blue and pink - instead of the dark blue and red that I would have loved).
Into the cupcakes liners went a tablespoon full of each color layered. I opted for having the white end on top.
The kids asked me to use store bought frosting.....I think they find the homemade too sweet (absolute wimps). So we topped with whipped cream cheese frosting and a flag! I like the white layer on top because when you bit into it the colors are unexpected. I like these because you can vary the colors to whatever you are celebrating - or do all of the colors of the rainbow!
Kudos to the only kid that stuck by my side through the whole process today....the older ones cut out as soon as the beaters were licked clean.






1 comments:
They look delicious & fun!
Post a Comment