For this past Memorial Day, we headed to Savannah to see Rodney's brother and my sis-in-law Jessica. They were headed back from a vacation in the gulf (going home to the D.C. area), and we met up for a night to have dinner and visit. On the way I saw a convoy of several couples on these slick bikes - with trailers and all.
Wait! What is she doing??? When we got closer to the pair in front - this is what we saw....It cracked me up that they were on these beautiful southern roads and she was intently reading a book! It reminded me of something my mother would do if she were a biker chick (she actually really is at heart)
And I'm not sure this gas station can really call itself El Cheapo....I thought the name was funny, but still hate paying more than $2.00 for a gallon of gas!
We had a little time in Savannah, so we visited Fort Pulaski that was used during the civil war.
Here we are after dinner with Rodney's only brother (and sibling). I'm not sure who the kids were more excited to see - the dogs or Uncle Brian and Aunt Jessica!
There is a lot to see in charming Savannah......
.....but we mostly got these looks from the kids walking around seeing the sights.....
They would've been happy swimming at the hotel pool all day.
(Note to self: Savannah is not very kid friendly. Next trip, leave kids at home)

0 comments:
Post a Comment