Friday, April 15, 2011

A Much Needed Break

It was beyond fabulous to escape for a couple of days this past weekend.  One of my oldest BFFs was thrown a surprise 40th by her hubby in DC.  Even though it was short, being with my amigas from high school was awesome!

The Mansion on O......where to begin......  We stayed at a haunted cool hotel that will keep the stories of the weekend alive forever.  The place is full of antiques and thrift store treasures - I mean it's everywhere.  This little stairway up leads to nothing but this mannequin of a small child holding a baby doll.  I swore if I heard children screaming "REDRUM, REDRUM" in the middle of the night, I was outta there.  The place reminded me of the Winchester Mystery House in CA.  For those of you who have been there, it's equally creepy.

 Here was the door to our room - just a mirror on the wall.....yep, I never would've found it on my own....
I had tons of fun hanging with these gals before/after the party.  I think we are so blessed to still have our friendship of foursome in place (after 35 years!)
Here is the view of the hotel from the suites across the street (they spread the creepy out so it consumes both sides of the street).

 And by the time we got around the the "Surprise" part, I was not the least bit phased when the gal that worked there opened the bookcase and said "Hide in here!"...
Just before heading out to the party...

 After the big reveal - and Justene was stunned that so many came from so far away.  It was really special.

 The next day we took a quick trip over to Arlington Cemetery.  It is sacred ground. Period.



Happy Birthday girl!  A huge thank you to your hubby Raul for providing a much needed escape for me!  It was great! 

1 comments:

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

What an awesome trip! Those make all the difference! And you four ladies are gorgeous... gives me something to look forward to! I will have to read the Help. Sounds cool!