Sunday, March 30, 2008

Upcoming Birthdays, the Late Easter Dress and Scary Rollerblades..

This past week went by so fast! It's more of the same here - unpacking and organizing little by little. I must say the white walls throughout the house are making me crazy and I'm headed out ASAP to at least get paint for our bedroom. I think it's the only room in the house that is almost "ready to go" minus paint and curtains. Several of you have asked for pictures of the inside of our new house and I will oblige. As I paint and put together rooms I'll post before and afters. If I sent pics now, it would just be white walls and boxes (not very interesting). I also have a dear friend coming to help make sense of how I'm going to decorate - her taste is impeccable (can't wait to see you A.) In the meantime it's sorting through junk drawers (how did we end up with 4?) and preparing for Nate and Lo's b-days. Rodney and I are taking them on a "Super Date" this Saturday to celebrate. So instead of a regular date night with Mom or Dad, we are leaving the baby with Grandma and going on an all-day outing. They don't know where we are going. We have left that as a surprise. I'll post pics next week - I can't tell you now because occasionally Nate reads these! We felt bad that they don't have many good friends to celebrate with, so we hope this is a good alternative.


I took this picture of Nate today - I guess all poor kids go through the "huge front teeth" stage. It's almost as if their head has to grow into the size of their new teeth. We still love him - huge chompers and all.



Poor Lauren (and Brooke) were sick last Sunday and didn't get to wear their new Easter dresses to church. So today Lauren got to wear hers - she looked really cute (and knew it - stinker)



The only thing scarier than Rodney and Nate on roller blades, is the fact that we just bought them at a yard sale yesterday for $5.00. Luckily neither of them bit the dust and all wheels are still in tact. (Nathan is thrilled and I think likes them better than his bike!) Nate's birthday is Thursday (the 3rd) - he will be eight! Hard to believe...

0 comments: