Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We survived a week of birthdays...

We made it through 2 birthdays that were 5 days apart. We are good until January when Brooke turns 2. Here are a few of the pics from Lauren's (now 6 year-old) and Nate's (now 8 year-old) big day.

Yikes - it's Hannah Montana hair! Lauren loved it. I don't know why it reminds me of Dolly Parton curls. I put the hairpiece on and Lauren informed me that I still looked like "just a mom".

Yes! The mother of all birthday gifts for little girls (and their moms who once loved the same ones). I must say Nate LOVED this gift also - he loves to cook. We've already made two batches of cookies. Fun stuff. - P.S. For those of you who plan on getting one or have one, there are plenty of website who have homemade recipes for it. Forget the expensive store packets, you can buy a regular cake mix and divvy up the contents in ziplocks - genius!
We promised Nate on his 8th birthday he could break open his piggy bank and take his money to the bank to open his own account. He loved destroying the bank more than the promise of the money inside. Between the bank and birthday money, he has $91.00. It's too funny the things that an 8 year-old thinks that kind of money will buy. He wants a drum set - I lied and told him he would have to save more (bad mommy, I know). We'll see how the budgeting goes...
Nate's family birthday party consisted family karaoke in our living room (please ignore the TV still on the floor from moving). Even Brooke loved the microphone! I think once Lauren learns to read a little faster, we are doomed. She is such a singing DIVA.

5 comments:

~Miss M~ said...

Awwww I hate I missed all the fun! I can't wait to see you guys next month! Miss you all so terribly!

Much love!
~M~

Corinne said...

I can't believe they are so big (and too cute)! I remember being at their 1 and 3 year old birthday party. Is Nate getting baptised soon?

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Nate & Lauren looks like you guys had a great time! Morgan wants me to tell you that she loves the Hannah Montana hair. She has informed me that she now wants the hair too. That's great to know that you can use regular cake mix for the easy bake oven thanks for the tip.

Natalie said...

I LOVE the Hannah Montana wig. She looks too cute! Ally loves her too. She just had her 5th birthday last week too. Paaarrtttyyy.

Josh said...

I hate to do this to you Melissa, but I "tag you." Check my blog for more details. And if you don't really want to do it, then that's okay...it was a pain!