Who needs 10 bottles on Ken's salad dressing? For $.50 a bottle, I do! I'm set on salad dressing for the next 6-8 months! (p.s. the Honey French flavor is Divine) Yesterday I got Tylenol at Publix for $.50 a bottle also - score. Or the Eggo waffles I stocked up on for Nathan at $.67 a box. I stopped at Winn-Dixie yesterday and got $61.00 worth of groceries for $18.00.
CVS Pharmacy should be your new best friend.....
One of my favorite places to get great deals is CVS. If you are not taking advantage of their "Extra Care Bucks (ECBs)" you are missing the money-saving boat. The ECBs are like gift certificates that you can turn around and spend on anything in the store (they will print on the bottom of your receipt). You essentially buy the items they give ECBs back for and then use them to purchase more items that come with ECBs. Sounds confusing, but once you get the hang of it, you will never want to pay full price for anything at a pharmacy again! The best part is CVS is one of my lists on the Grocery Game website so it tells me when to use coupons and how many ECBs I should expect from certain products. In fact, I went to CVS a couple of weeks ago and got $70 worth of diapers, toilet paper, and paper towels for $10.00. Then got $10.00 back in ECBs at the register. So essentially I got it all for FREE. Those are my favorite trips! CVS is the best place to get shampoos, soap, deodorant, razors, etc for free or almost free.
For those of you who might think my massive binder is a bit extreme, join the club. I still am not to the point that I drag it around the store in the seat of my shopping cart. (my pride draws the line somewhere). Plus I go with a strict list and only take coupons I need.
So there it is, my little secret... holler if you want help getting started. I would be happy to post good deals on this blog each Monday. Or just send me an email. Or if you feel you have absolutely no time in your life to deal with clipping coupons, send them to me - you will have a friend for life! If you sign up at the grocerygame website, please plug my name in as a referral (I think I get some kind of perk - haven't gotten that far yet)
Remember, the more money you save on groceries, the more pairs of shoes you can buy! (I hope my hubby doesn't read this post! haha)

2 comments:
Melissa, I LOVE it!! I just signed up on some grocery website recently but this one sounds easier. I am totally going to try it. And good tips would be appreciated!
Love the idea of more shoes so I am giving the coupon thing a shot. Thanks for the info.
Post a Comment