Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Is the school year really over????

Yep - as of 1:00 tomorrow, our kids are out for the summer. It seems so late this year because they started the first of August in Georgia. They have had a really long school year. I'm proud of both of them for hanging in there while changing schools several times this year. Hopefully we are going to be here for many years to come and they won't have to worry about being uprooted again. We don't have much planned this summer. Mostly hanging out with each other trying to stay cool! Here are some of the happenings around here lately (hold onto your shorts - our life is SOOOO exciting...)
The kids and Rodney were out back the Saturday before last when they saw a ton of smoke and fire in the air. We thought a plane was in distress (I was watching out the window and thought the same thing) Then we remembered the space shuttle was launching that day! It didn't take long to disappear into the sky. Nate and I ran to the computer and watched via the NASA webcam the main engine break away once it got safely into space. It was crazy cool! We were amazed that Cape Canaveral is about 3 1/2 hours from here and it looked like it was just a few miles. It made the kids day!

This is how we keep track of our children on the beach.... I'm amazed Rodney got them to be still long enough to cover them up!
Here we are at the scout meeting (is it den or pack?) I'm such a rookie at all of the scout stuff. Nathan earned his first badge (wolf badge). He was very proud.

Nathan got his first really paying job last week. Our neighbors asked Nate to walk and take care of their dog while they were away for the week. It became an inconvenience to keep walking over there during the day so we moved him in with us! He is a former "daycare worker" so he was great with Brooke. It was fun test driving a dog for the week. If I could be assured that we could end up with a dog like Murphy, I'd get one today. It was fun. Nathan finished earning enough money by dog sitting to buy Guitar Hero for our PlayStation 2. So, for the last several days, he has been obsessed with all things metal head and the guitar game. (OK, I have to admit I hold the high score right now - ROCK ON!!)

This is NOT the new family minivan....... We listed an aquarium on Craig's List and a couple wanted to come and look at it. Imagine our surprise when this pulled up Sunday shortly after returning from a nice morning at church! I ran in the house to get my new "rocker" son thinking he might think it's cool. He was a bit hesitant, but Lauren was all over it. Yes it's an old hearst - complete with a casket in the back (full of speakers). It took Nate a minute to come near the car. In the end, the nice couple bought the aquarium and we got cool pictures for our blog!!! I am not kidding when I say "It Rocked".
A bit twisted, but cool nontheless.......
Happy summer everyone!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I know what you mean with school being over. Morgan has been out a little over a week and we are trying to find things to do to keep her busy. That dog is really cute and what a great way to teach Nate responsibility. Hope you guys have a great summer!

~Miss M~ said...

Two things I didn't realize: Nate started scouts (when did that happen?) and you're growing your hair out (in the SUMMER?) Ha! See you sooooon! Hooray!