Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's Saturday....

Not much happening today. Nate has his first basketball game this morning. We'll see how it goes. The first few games of any sports with young kids is always painful until they (hopefully) find their groove as a team. As a followup to my last post, we did cut Lauren's hair last week. In fact, our regular place was closed so I took her to Great Clips - and GOT KICKED OUT mid-haircut. Literally. No kidding, there I was with 3 kids and the hairdresser got upset because she cut Lo's hair wrong and I started to protest. For those of you out there that know what a basic bob haircut is you know that it's not hard to mess-up. Well, she managed. First she cut part of her bangs (after I told her they were growing out) And I explained that I thought her hair would flip up (because the underneath part of the back of her hair was an inch longer that the top layer) she ripped the gown off of Lauren and told me the hair cut was over and to "not ask for her again" next time I came in. Between her chair and the door she told me I was rude 20 times. For those that know me well, I naturally slapped her across the face, body-slammed her against the wall, and then grabbed her scissors and proceeded to cut huge chunks out of her hair. Not really, but I wanted to desperately. I remained calm and simply asked for the manager's name and number. We left and Nate kept asking me "Mom, why did she keep telling you that you were rude?" He was a little shaken that someone would be mean to his mom. At one point he told me "Mom, it looked like you were going to cry". I laughed and thought "No Nate, that's just mommy trying not to rip someones eyes out". Regardless of what I wanted to do, it was my first real lesson at trying hard to keep my cool for my children's sake. I just told my kids that sometimes people choose to react like she did and we in turn have to decide how we are going to react. Luckily my dark side kept it in check that day (I'm sure it was mostly due to the exhaustion of even lugging 3 kids out for errands) Note to self: When you want to react, take a deep breath. The hair will always grow back (isn't that what every good mom tells her child after a botched hair haircut?)

4 comments:

Angela said...

Aren't you supposed to speak up when getting a haircut if you are concerned or they aren't doing what you asked? I am shocked a business would kick you out mid haircut especially since a simple bob isn't hard to do. Good luck next time! Nate good luck with basketball. I know you wanted out blog address the other day zoaatc11.blogspot.com

tom76512 said...

Only you could get kicked out of a hair salon,Sis!

Corinne said...

That is so funny!!! My mom had that happen to her one. But the hairstylist told the police my mom stole a hairbrush.....she did not....but the police searched our house anyways....so funny. I am sure it will happen to me one day too. :)

Angela said...

PS you are tagged