Friday, August 1, 2008

It's August 1st!!!!!!


I must say, this summer has been very difficult for me. I love my children, but trying to find things for them to do has been a challenge. The older 2 would be easy, but adding a 1 1/2 year-old to the mix poses a bit of a problem. Beach - forget it. Lauren thinks she can swim with the sharks and Brooke runs wild. Three kids at this age on the beach is tricky. The library you say? Again, a no-go. Every time we go in there, Brooke sees the children's computers and will shriek to get down and head over to them. The librarian was actually trying to reason with her last time we had a screaming episode there (she's 18 moths old lady! catch a clue!) Let's see, we could go to all of the local parks except it has rained on and off everyday for the last couple of weeks. Not to mention the sweltering heat and humidity that isn't even healthy to be out in. I'm just ready for school to start (the 22nd). I need the normalcy of fall and all it entails. School schedules, homework schedules, soccer on the calendar, scouts every Wednesday, and a regular bath and bedtime every night. I miss the relaxed feeling of a Friday night knowing you've accomplished a lot for the week. And even the hectic Monday mornings getting everyone up and out the door on time. Here's to all of the moms out there that are holding on by a thread like me. There is a faint light at the end of the tunnel! This too shall pass......

2 comments:

Angela said...

I hear you on trying to find things to do this summer. I am so ready for school to start on Aug 18th.

Anonymous said...

I definately know how you feel. Hollyann was just about Brooke's age when the boys were Nate & Lauren's ages. Take confort in knowing you are not alone, there are other's going thur or have gone thru what you are. And of course this to shall pass. I get great comfort in talking to other mom's of teenagers these days and hearing that they are going thru some of the same things I am. I sure helps to know that I am not going thru this alone. Hang in there!!

Cindee