Monday, October 27, 2008

Teenage Vampires....???? Not so much


OK, I must come clean.... For the last 2 years all I have heard about is this dang teenage vampire series of books that apparently everyone just can't get enough of. I love books. I love to escape in a good book and ignore this thing called life sometimes. But I'm not usually drawn to read a book about vampires (I love authors like Jodi Piccoult who writes more about today's ethical issues). Twilight is about a pack of teenage vampires - in high school no less. But here is the bottom line, I borrowed the first book (there are 4 in the series now) and let's just say.....you had me at Edward. Those who have read the series will understand what I'm talking about. Edward is every bad boy you ever loved in high school. And to make him more appealing, the danger of hanging out with a guy like Edward is not cutting school, smoking cigarettes and making out behind the band building. You see Edward in a nano-second could kill you. Even if by accident. Is he strong enough to resist the temptation of the human teenage girl he's in love with? You will have to read the book to find out. The movie comes out next month. The trailer for Twilight can be found here. Of course it never looks as good as the book. So I'm on book number 2 and trying to get all the reading in I can - Rodney is due back from a work trip this Friday. Mingling with vampires while he has been gone has been a lot of fun. Now go get a good book.....

3 comments:

~Miss M~ said...

Hahahahaha! I love that you're hooked on these! I was going to get them soon but I just bought a couple Lois Lowery books that I might send to Nate, not sure if he's at the age he would appreciate them yet. I also bought What is the What by Dave Eggers so I have plenty of happy reading ahead of me! Yay!

Angela said...

I got the series for my birthday from a friend who told me how great they were. That was back in July and I haven't picked one up yet. I don't read about vampires either but everybody tells me you won't put the books down. Thanks for the little explanation I may have to start reading book #1.

Tracy said...

See? I told ya! They're too good to put down.