So here is the deal, prior to moving to Florida, I was a Pampered Chef consultant for a year and a half. I joined to stock my kitchen (which I did quickly) and then learned that you can actually make money doing it. To make a long story short, I got pregnant, moved out of state and the economy took a downward turn. I wouldn't mind starting my business up again here, but have a hard time asking people to buy wire wisks and expensive cookware when we are all watching our pennies in this economy.
By far, one of the dishes that was requested most by my hosts was the Chicken Enchilada Braid. Quick, yummy, and you don't have to own one Pampered Chef tool to make it. In fact, I can't figure out why the PC cookbook makes it look even harder than it is! Thanks to my awesome former director Miki (hey girl!), I learned a short cut and have never looked back. In an effort to not do any of the things on my to-do list today, I made one just for you. Enjoy! (P.S. I also have the chicken & broccoli and lemon chicken filling ingredients. Just email me if you would like them too!)
What you need:
2 cans of Crescent Rolls - I buy the regular (not buttered or grande). But 2 - I'm a dork and had already opened one prior to taking this pic!
Filling - in a large bowl mix together the following:
2 cups cooked chopped chicken (here is where your store bought rotisserie chicken come in handy)
1/4 cup chopped or sliced black olives
1 cup shredded cheese (any flavor)
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
1/2 cup mayo
1 Tab taco seasoning
3/4 cup diced tomatoes
1 tea lime juice
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
That yummy mix will look a little like this -
Ready for the braid part? It's easier than you think! Take out a cookie sheet (If you have stoneware this size, it works great. If not, use a regular one) I know mine looks gross, but for those of you that know stoneware, a dark piece just means it's used a lot! Anywho, open a can of crescent rolls and tear each triangle apart one by one. Start by placing two of the triangles at the top of the pan with the larger part meeting in the middle and the pointy part toward the edge of the pan. Follow using both cans of the rolls - like this...
Next step - place the filling down the middle of your dough creation:
Start at the top and place one of the triangle corners over the filling followed by the opposite side. Go back to the original side you started on, and fold the next one over. Use this technique all the way down. It's important to remember - you don't have to do this perfectly. The dough is very forgiving when it cooks. You really can't mess it up!
Once you get to the bottom, fold up the dough on the ends and pinch together any open seams (this keeps all of the yummy filling in!). I also pat down the sides to make it look a little neater (you know, push it in a little to make it look longer and skinnier!)
Here is the final product.... heaven...

1 comments:
That looks yummy and I am going to make it. I now make chicken in the crock pot with black beans and salsa, as per your blog! I think you should email me the other recipes too.
Post a Comment