Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Meet Megan Esther (yes, I went there).....

This blonde beauty is my baby sister. I spent many years with 3 brothers and when my mother got pregnant, I begged for a sister. I was 11, and nothing sounded better than fussing over a baby girl. Viola! The Lord knew my mother could not handle another boy and blessed our family with Meg (Side note to my punk brothers: please keep your hate mail to a minimum, it is the holidays after all) Megan is great. I fussed over her as a baby, but of course being 11 years older than her meant I was REQUIRED to hate her my entire teenage existence ("get out of my room, keep out of my make-up, DON'T talk to my friends, and don't tell my current flame that there are "others") Oh yes, being 16 with a 5 year old bratty sister was no fun. The picture below cracks me up - this is what I had to deal with. Cute and mouthy (she is sooo gonna kill me for posting this)

Fast-forward a couple of decades.... and look at what some time and maturity (on my part!) has provided.... One great sister. I love when she comes to visit. LITERALLY half of my brain shuts down and she picks up the slack. She's the best. Of course now she works at some high-faloutin' radio station and is too busy hanging out with music stars to come be near me. It's OK, after having me as a big sister, I would want a serious break too. Love you girl....

We like to share great recipes and Meg passed on this cool one to me this week and I wanted to share.....Cake Balls. But Meg says she can't call them "balls" (apparently it's just wrong on so many levels). So we now call them Cake Truffles (there - now you won't have to giggle everytime you tell someone what they are) . Here is a pic from her facebook page....
Here's how you make them - too easy!

  • Bake a regular box cake mix
  • Let cool, crumble in a large bowl
  • Mix in an entire can of store bought frosting (the mixture will look strange, that's ok)
  • Try not to eat whole bowl (double-dog dare you)
  • Use small scoop and place balls (I mean truffles ;-) on wax paper - leave in fridge overnight (or freezer to harden them up)
  • Dip in melted chocolate (any kind of dipping stuff would do) Let dry
They are divine - try different combos of cake/frosting (spice cake/cream cheese frosting, chocolate/chocolate frosting, strawberry cake mix/cream cheese frosting).


Enjoy! (Meg - call me when your done having dinner with Sarah Evans and Dierks Bentley)

2 comments:

~Miss M~ said...

Thanks for just about making me bust into tears...

I miss you like crazy!

Keep laying on the guilt about not being down there and you just might randomly find me on the doorstep one day.

Wouldn't Rod just LOVE that?!

:p

Annette said...

Hey girl,

I think these started with a blog called Bakerella. They have become really popular. She was even on Martha Stewart showing off how to make them. Yum!

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/