Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Brooke!


Two years ago today this beauty came into our lives....... "A girl???!!!!" I asked months prior when the ultrasound tech confirmed what we would be having.
I was stunned to say the least. You see, we had just had 5 years of her older sister. And she is a firecracker - you know the baby who is a non-stop fusser and then grows into a feisty ("I'm going to lose my mind as a mother") toddler. I just knew a sweet baby boy was in our future. We couldn't picture having another Lauren. We love her, she is one of a kind, but we braced ourselves for a repeat.... Boy were we wrong. The Lord knew we needed a sweet mellow baby - and that's just what we got....
Miss Brooke Averie








She is a great "caboose" child and is happy to hang out with me during the day. She is also a content passenger when I have to run the other kids around to their various activities. Quick to laugh and was a good sleeper and eater.

This pic pulled at my heart a little....I saw the bottle and it reminded me that I'm officially out of that stage....no more bottles for Brooke or myself as a mother. We've begun potty-training and all things "baby" are quietly disappearing and being replaced with more toddler activities. I'm glad, don't get me wrong - but for 8 1/2 years I've been dealing with bottles, diapers, and sleepless nights. I suppose I'm entering new territory with the joys and heartaches of older children.




This big girl loves all things High-5 and Yo Gabba Gabba. She loves to sing and dance. She's both shy and outgoing which is a great mix after having two previous children at the opposite ends of that spectrum. She loves fruit, french fries and ice cream (yes, we still try to feed her other healthy stuff!)
She loves to play with her siblings and loves to dress up with Lo. Apparently she is most comfortable in a diaper and pink play high heels - and nothing else.
Happy Birthday lovie -
I look forward to watching you
follow your heart and
chase your dreams....








4 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. I just wanted to thank you for the comment you left on my post about my word of the year. I really needed to hear just what you said. Sometimes its hard to remember that "this too shall pass" and things will always lighten up. Thanks for the reminder!

~Miss M~ said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I miss my babies! Who let them all grow up?? :(

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Brooke! I know you don't know who we are but we just love your parents and your brother & sister. We miss your family and maybe soon we can meet you.

Love,
The Myszka's

PS
Melissa that was so sweet.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Miss Brooke... I still remember the day you were born. I was your mother's Labor and Delivery nurse at Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga, TN. I was so honored to be at your birth and still have pictures of me in the OR taking care of you when you first came into this crazy world. Your parents are so special to me and I have the best memories of living in Flintstone, GA with them. We all moved to GA around the same time and we all moved out of GA around the same time. If you don't already know how cool your parents and siblings are as you get older, just come talk to your Auntie Tammy and I will fill you in. I love you sweet baby, even though you may not remember me. I thought of you on your birthday! Happy Late Birthday!