Monday, February 9, 2009

I heart Valentine's Day

I haven't had much time to decorate for Valentine's Day, but I did make a banner for the mantle.....Since taking the pics, I bought some silver glitter glue to perk up the letters a bit (they could use a little bling). I printed family pics on regular paper and taped onto card stock.

I saw this idea recently and thought it was a good one! Buy hand sanitizer and peel off the labels (I bought Target brand). I had to use Goo-gone stuff to get all of the glue off. Washed the bottle portion, added stickers and ribbon......Viola! Teacher's V-day gifts! I can't remember where I originally saw this otherwise I would give them a shout out. I can see this done with lots of holiday themes! (tip for this project - buy paper type stickers. I bought these cute stickers below and they were difficult to work with - they were hard and clear and didn't want to stick to the bottle because the bottle is rounded. I had to beat them into submission)

1 comments:

Angela said...

I love your ideas. Morgan's teacher always is asking for hand sanitizer so I am going to have to do this. Thanks for the ideas.