Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Uno de Mayo - Date Night

Recipe for a great date night: 1 dance studio + 1 very patient dance instructor + 10 couples eager to learn (ok, we had to force a few of you husbands!)

Last Friday we met up for an evening of latin/salsa dance instruction. Here is Dion the dance instructor (giving us a demo with Jill):
It felt a little like being on the playground back in grade school when he lined us up boys vs girls in two long lines. After teaching us a few basic steps that we practiced with our partner, he did something unexpected - instructed us to "move down to your new partner on your right". What??? You mean not only did I help coerce some of these couples into coming, they now have to cycle through all of the members of the opposite sex there? I admit, it was a bit awkward at first, but after changing partners every 5 minutes we got to laugh and visit with everyone there. I think everyone was a great sport and had a lot of fun.

After dancing we headed out to eat Mexican in honor of Cinco de Mayo, but they could not accommodate our party of 20. We headed next door to yummy Italian. It was a great night - thanks to all of you that made it out. Let's do it again soon!

2 comments:

Annette said...

Looks like fun. Sorry we missed it.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

I am soooooo jealous! I want to go dancing!! That would've been so fun! Who came up with that idea? Miss you girl... I have been way toooo busy. I gotta get caught up on your blog and life now.