Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I love Moge Podge!

It's teacher appreciation week at the kid's school and I've been wanting to try the old 'scrapbook paper on the plain clipboard' project. So I purchased several plain brown clipboards from the dollar store and got out my bottle of Moge Podge. I did paint the rim (and top inch or two) of the clipboard black before applying the scrapbook paper. There are a bunch of great tutorials out there on the web. The possibilities are endless! I added their teachers names to the back, and would recommend you use a laser printer not an inkjet for any lettering or photos (the ink ran a little). Add some ribbon and viola!

I used several coats of the glossy Moge Podge (I'm not really a fan of the "matte" that it also comes in). I love the way it dries.
I can't for the life of me remember if I posted these during Easter (forgive me - it's late in the day), but I also used Moge Podge on veggie cans. It's wrapping paper! I drilled holes in the sides for the wire and then filled them with Easter grass and candy. I made 20 - it was a learning experience. Tip - use THIN paper on the cans and thicker paper on the clipboards.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Oh, girl you are WAY too creative for me. Where do you find the time? Very impressive.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

You are way toooo creative! I need to move back by you just for some help!! Loved these ideas, and loved the baby shower decor from an earlier post. And your photography is amazing! You are a girl of soooo many talents! Love you!

MixMingleGlow said...

I loooooove the clipboards! Because I have to use them when I'm onsite at weddings/events, I like them to be cute. The ones I currently have are stripey and fun, but they are starting to get scratched up & I've been secretly wishing I could have clipboards that looked my logo design/company colors. I am totally going to try this! Thank you SO much for the idea (and for the link love!).
Have a lovely week!