Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yes, I'm one of those mothers......



I read a comment someone left the other day on another blog that complained about bloggers posting and bragging about their own children and lives. What??? Get a life. These days if I didn't blog, my posterity wouldn't have much to look back on. My journals have been neglected and pretty much all of the family history (and photos) are being channeled through my blog. If someone doesn't want to view pictures and stories of others' children, then simply don't visit that particular blog (it's not rocket science people).

I happen to be a full-time mother. In my profession, there are no financial bonuses based on job performance. There are no holidays, no time-off, not even an "end of the day". When I've had a hard day I would love to "go home" and bury my head under my pillow and weep. Except wait! Is that a little knock I hear on my bedroom door? Yep, with all the crap I deal with somedays I just have to share. When I feel like I've performed my job well, or have had a horrible failure, I really feel better sharing it with all of you.

So right now I'm going to post yet two more pictures of one of my kids. I have a newish camera and need all of the practice I can get. So those of you that just can't stomach yet another photo on my blog, now is the time to keep surfin' for something else a little more interesting. Beware, I'm sure more photos will follow....

4 comments:

Jason and Charlotte said...

Amen....You go girl!!!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

WHAT??? That is ridiculous! Amen twice sista!! Seriously, I can't get enough of your pictures! Lo is soooo gorgeous (like her momma of course!)

Annette said...

Beautiful shots, both of them. I like how you caught the light in her eyes in the first shot. I can't enlarge the picture, but it looks like your reflection in her eyes. Nice focus on the eyes.

What shutter speed, aperture, iso, etc. did you use for these.

Hey, if someone doesn't want to see beautiful children, move along. That's what I say! You can never have too many photos.

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! What a great pic, Melissa! We miss y'all so much...I hate that we are so far apart! Jessica