Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's not too late to show some July 4th love...

OK fellow Americans, it's not too late to show your troops some love! I've posted before about the Any Soldier website. Hop on over - pick a soldier, fill a small box, and make someone's day! We sent two boxes last week with our church youth group and had a great time making cards, writing letters, etc. It's interesting to read the posts from various soldiers and the the little things they request that make their stay overseas a bit more comfortable. I was always worried about shipping, but I found out last week that you can send one of these - a 12x12x5 priority USPS box to any military address for a flat rate of $11.95 (doesn't even matter how much it weighs!) The great part is that it just takes a matter of days to get to Iraq or Afghanistan. It's a great project to do with the kids on the 4th!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a veteran and current DoD civilian, I have many friends over there, headed over there, or have returned home. These boxes make a huge difference in their tours and sometimes might be that 1 thing that gets them through. Thanks so much for doing this, Melissa.
Jessica