Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yummy Red Potatoes!

Here is a favorite in my house. I don't take credit for this recipe - my girl Aleshia passed this one down. I make it with meat dishes, or to serve with anything BBQ'd. It can act as a side dish with lots of other food, or you can add chunked ham to make it it's own dish.

*Clean and boil a 5 lbs bag of red potatoes (skin on). I try not to over-boil so the skin doesn't fall off.
*Strain and let cool a bit (until you can handle them with your hands). Then slice pretty thick and layer in a 9x13 dish (sorry -it's a pampered chef stoneware pan so it supposed to look brown and ugly)

*Melt and pour 2 Tbs of butter over all of potatoes
*Layer with shredded cheese
*Mix 1 can of Cream of Chicken soup and equal parts sour cream together (about 1 cup) in a separate bowl.
*Spread over potatoes
*Add another layer of cheese.

    *Bake at 350 until dish is hot throughout and bubbly (around 35 minutes)

    Enjoy!

    4 comments:

    ~Miss M~ said...

    Ohhhh how I've missed these! Now I finally have the recipe! WOOHOO!

    Herb, Emily, and Logan said...

    Oh that looks really good! I am definitely going to have to try it!! :D

    Angela said...

    These look really good. Thanks for sharing.

    rebecca @ older and wisor said...

    YUM! My kiddos won't touch anything with sour cream in it, but I'm sure I could finish it off by myself....zero calories, right? ;)