Friday, August 28, 2009

Dazed and Confused...

Seriously, where did the month of August go??? With school starting and overnight guests, I've barely had time for anything but shear survival....

My mother-in-law and Rodney's grandmother "MeMaw" (it's a suthern' thang), came for a quick weekend. We appreciate them making the trip from Alabama (it took them about 11 hours).
It was so fun watching the kids with their great-grandmother. (thank goodness she is hard of hearing, the noise alone in our house would have given her a heart attack)

Here's Brooke looking for comfort from Grandma Vivian.
SCHOOL!!!! We made it. Last Monday my two oldest headed back to the bus stop. Our little neighborhood is growing! It think we are up to 14 kids on the bus! It was a great morning. I thought I would get emotional, but I think I was just really proud. (Lauren is the sloucher, and Nate is the 2nd from the right)
The kids with Rodney before he headed off to work.. (you are right, I was in my bus stop attire and for that reason alone could not be photographed)
BUS 195. I thought my kids were going to cry when they found out what bus they would be on this year. Do you remember growing up and having that one bus driver that made life difficult? Meet Mr. Larry. If you enlarge the picture below you can get a glimpse of his mug. Last year they had the kids split up and Mr. Larry drove the K-2 route. I'll give it to him, I would not want to drive around a bus full of 5-7 year olds. But he and Lauren were often at odds. She was one infraction away from me having to carpool her everyday. Soooooo.....here is to Mr Larry - "We hope this year having grades k-5 on the bus will be a little easier on you. And yes, I'm sure you will still be keeping an eye on my Lauren" (below is Lauren greeting Mr. Larry on day 1 of school)
So as to not forget little miss thing here at home, here she was later that morning.... never a dull moment with a 2.5 year-old. I will say, I think we are potty-trained. Which is just about the best thing this family has accomplished this month.
I also took on a part-time job from home that requires I be in front of a computer 15 hours a week. It's great, but a little tricky trying to find "free time" to do it. I was also called 2 weeks ago to the the Primary President at our church. For those of you less familiar with the workings of the Mormon church, it just means you oversee the children's program and it's hundreds of working parts. It will be great. Never a dull moment....
While I'm rambling, did I mention my high school reunion is just around the corner???? I'm flying out to California in October for it. It should be a trip. Totally. I know I shouldn't worry about the gray hair and fine lines around my eyes, so I'm trying to decided just how "vain" I want to get. Maybe just a root job and a box of Crest Whitestrips?????

2 comments:

~Miss M~ said...

That's not slouching, that's posing for the camera! ha!

Angela said...

Looks like you guys have been busy. I am so glad school is back in also. Congrats on the potty training. Also, when you come out to California if you get a chance call me and maybe we can meet for lunch or something.