I'm adding this link to A Soft Place to Land today for their DIY linky party. Every Tuesday is a party of DIY's showing off their stuff! Hop over and check it out!
I was able to stay with my oldest brother and his girlfriend last month while in California. I think my brother's girlfriend, Keri, is great (ok, I kinda like my brother too). I was teasing them because he does so much of the cooking in their house. She said she really didn't know how to cook many things, so I thought I would put this recipe book together for her. I have had one for years, except mine is thrashed and has food splattered all over it (I guess that's a good sign - right?) Anyway, the great part about this "cookbook" is that you can stick any kind of recipe in it - recipe card, printed recipe, torn from a magazine recipe... you get the idea.
So here is what you need:
#1 - Magnetic page photo album. I found mine at Walmart for $9.00. I have seen them much cheaper, so if you have the time, do your research before buying. These albums have been around forever.
#2 - I purchased file folders and recipe cards at Michaels for $1 each (I think the folders came 5 to a pack) I cut the file folders in half and used the side that had tabs as dividers in the book.
I used scrapbook paper to try and "fancy up" the front page. Unfortunately I did this prior to purchasing the file folders that would become the dividers. (I'm going to try and ignore the fact that they don't exactly match. It will probably be changed before I mail it to her. I just can't leave well enough alone.)
I added my family favorites on recipe cards. I then printed some of my favs from Allrecipes. Man, I love that website! Tada! A new cookbook that she can easily add to over the years!


0 comments:
Post a Comment