Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cupcake Monday! Carrot Cake Style.....

This week our family decided to do carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting - YUM! 
I found these darling cupcake liners......
We used our standard "go to" carrot cake recipe that can be found here. (don't skip the pineapple - it really makes this recipe!)
Then we filled our cupcake cups and baked for about 25 minutes.  TIP:  This is a pretty dense batter and doesn't rise all that much (as you will notice in my photos below)  So feel free to fill the liners 3/4 with cake batter before cooking.  You also might want to use a toothpick to make sure they are cooked thoroughly.
We cheated and used store bought frosting.  I just used my pampered chef decorator to (try) and make little carrots on top.
The best part of doing this each Monday is decided who are going to deliver them to that evening.
I'll end with another important cupcake tip - cute liners like the ones pictured above are only cute when used with a LIGHT colored batter (unlike carrot cake):
I think I much preferred the plain white liners with this recipe!

0 comments: