A Labor of Love...
Okay, first things first, I'll be frank and share with you it's Tuesday night at 10:00pm. I just made Monday's cupcakes - so there. I have discovered I can not do it all. I hate that feeling.....
You see I'm heading on vacation this week and was trying to cram 1 1/2 weeks worth of homework into 3 days. You remember I got the nerve to go back to school right? Well, I'm not sure I should have started during my kiddos summer break. I'm also not sure why the stars weren't ailinged correctly and I got the online instructor that I did. He is a man of few words (or typed messages I guess). That could be fabulous for some, but I haven't taken a college course in like, FOREVER. And I started back taking English II - which means lots of writing and research..... So I had to pick a topic for an eight page paper......I picked OCD. That's right. So if you see me washing my hands for hours on end, or checking my door to make sure it's locked 35 times, please admit me to the nearest psych ward.....I seriously think all of this research is going to MAKE me develop rituals I did not have before.
My children asked several times yesterday which cupcakes we were making, and I had to put it off until today, at 9:00pm when I was DONE with the 1 1/2 weeks worth of homework. Okay, I was a maniac mother for a couple of days - but the monkey is off my back. Ready for vaca.
I saw an orange creamsicle cupcake recipe that I was dying for, but they don't sell the orange cake mix at my store.....so that is going to take some searching. So here is what I whipped up - literally:
Lemon Cupcakes with Fluff Frosting:
- Mix a regular lemon cake mix as directed
- Add small box of instant lemon pudding (I used vanilla in a pinch, but lemon would have rocked it to the next level)
I decided to use the frosting from the orangesicle cupcakes - the fact that you use marshmallow cream intrigued me. The orinigal recipe can be found here.
Fluff 7-Minute Frosting
- 1 c. Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
I don't own a double-broiler, so I used a heat resistant bowl (glass) inside a large pot with a few inches of water. I read a tip that you can insert a knife between the bowl and pot so the bowl doesn't get stuck. Worked like a charm! Remember whipping the frosting takes a little time so be patient.
The frosting is pretty good - and I love that it looks so shiny!
I'm going to go to bed now. (right after I check my alarm clock 157 times)




3 comments:
I LOVE that you still inspire me ALL the way from Florida! Good luck with school!! I remember those days well and am glad it is you and not me! Have fun on vacation and I love your cupcake mondays or tuesdays or whatever! And OCD... I think you are writing about me!
Eight pages on OCD ... fun!
Your blog posts make me laugh. I can totally hear you saying everything you wrote. You are too funny!!
Have a great week.
I am right there with you on the whole school thing. It is so much work. I am loving all these cupcake posts. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment