Last weekend we proved that you can go away to Orlando for 5 days, NOT visit an amusement park, and still have a blast! We had no idea when we book our room at the Shearaton Vistana, it would be this great. They had plenty of things to do around the resort - including lounging at one of their 3 pools.
(I have to admit when we checked into our "villa", I was totally offended they would have a closet with cleaning supplies in it - vacuum, broom, etc. It was also equipped with a full dishwasher and a washer/dryer.....I was instantly put on high alert - I smelled housework.....Well I showed them.....our room got so bad we wouldn't even let the cleaning ladies in each day "Just need fresh towels please!" It was gross, but I WAS ON VACATION PEOPLE!)
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Orlando Fun!
We knew when we saw this outside our balcony, we wouldn't have to go anywhere else! The kids loved it.
Next to it was this waterslide......I proved that "moms" can have fun too. (yes, this photo is not cropped on purpose - let's keep all photos of me in a swimsuit microscopic...)
We can however blow up this STUD..... he is soooo gangsta with his "I luv u" hand signals...
(I left my Canon at home and took a small digital - apparently the lens got a little foggy from the Florida humidity)
Oh wait, I was caught up in the memories and forgot we took children.....Lauren was thrilled that we had to find the nearest Walmart to find a new swimsuit while we were there (I swear she took the nastiest one in her drawer, so we would have to get a new one)
Nate, taking a millisecond to pose...
Ha! Ok, here is a close-up....notice that Rodney and I clearly are not paying any attention to our 3 children behind us...I suppose we should have gotten a family pic, but they never seem to happen.
Brooke and Lauren were all business when it came to poolside salsa dance lessons (Brooke loved it - Lauren ended distracted and left. go figure.)
Lauren left and Brooke went on shakin' her thang....
Hello? A "Quiet Pool"? Total discrimination. It was just above the main pool and Rodney and I walked over there a couple of times just to daydream and pretend we were there enjoying some peace...
Back to reality....
They had Family Bingo / Movie night by the main pool.
The girls discovered that you cannot put an entire bottle of shampoo in the jetted tub. We just about had to call maintenance because I thought the bubbles would overtake our room...
One of the evenings we went to T-Rex for dinner at downtown Disney. It's always a big hit with the kids!
So there you have it - a great resort, a little Downtown Disney, a movie, and visiting with some Orlando friends.....it really was an awesome weekend. We can't wait to go back!
Posted by Melissa at 4:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ohhh, that pool looks fun! Did you prepare meals in your room? I'll have to keep this place in mind when we need a closer to home vacation.
What a fun vacation! Great pics, even with a digital. And just for the record, you can click on any pic on the blog and it blows it up for you, so I saw you closer on the slide! Hahaha. You look great girl! Quit hiding!
Looks like you guys had a blast. It's sometimes fun just to relax on vacation too:)
Post a Comment