Monday, August 2, 2010

Cupcake Monday - Well, uh.....

Okay, random I know.  This is me a few months ago at a cub scout pack meeting attempting to participate in some type of cub cheer.  I won't even mention the friend next to me (charlotte) who was trying to hide under a chair so she wouldn't have to participate herself....

Here is really what I came here today to tell you...
Okay, I knew it was bound to happen.  Today's cupcake were a flop.  Not a total flop, but certainly not what I was hoping for.  I used Martha Stewart's Buttermilk Cupcake recipe and had high hopes for adding strawberries (as one blog I read raved about in this particular recipe).  I went out Martha style and bought all of the "extras" I wouldn't normally buy for cupcakes....buttermilk?  I should have known they would have a distinctive flavor.  The silver lining is that they taste almost like the strawberry shortcake my mom used to make growing up.  So here we sit, with mediocre (how do you even spell that?) cupcakes trying to make the best of it with Cool Whip and extra strawberries......

Oh well, they can't all be red velvet (which ranks high up there on my list of favs).  So we have 2 more weeks left of Cupcake Monday......I am cautiously optimistic for next Monday as I dug up a recipe for Root Beer Float cupcakes!

Sorry I have no pics - I'm punishing these sad, sad cupcakes on my counter....(hence the dreadful random picture above)

p.s.  Have you at least tried last week's Caramel Cupcakes yet???
p.s.s.  I won't beat myself up too badly, thanks to my friend Aleshia I made the most amazing dinner tonight!!!  Thanks girl - you are a cooking genius!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, then, what did you make for dinner that was so great? Share the goodness!
MOM