Monday, February 7, 2011

It's the week of love....

I enjoy this week each year!  I love all of the Valentine stuff at the store and all of the crafty ideas floating around out there to help you get in the mood.  I found this awesome felt wreath and knew "the wreath club" had to gather and work on some...it's such a great excuse to let the kids run wild, eat lots of junk food and cut and glue to our hearts desire...
(The original idea came from The Idea Room and the tutorial can be found HERE)


We worked on the wreath (which I thought came out really cute), but I couldn't leave well enough alone.....I bought a couple of Styrofoam balls, covered with the folded felt circles, and placed them on spray painted candle sticks for the mantle.

 Next up I need to work on Valentine's Day cards for the kids to share at school.  Do you remember last year's?  I love the idea of just making a small cut on photos and threading a sucker through it.  Easy-peasy.


 And of course there are the FIVE teachers we have this year.....I did buy them some chocolates, but I figure they can't ever have enough hand sanitizer.  So I headed to the dollar store and bought these big bottles.  Remove the stickers (front and back - use a little Goo Gone if you have to).  Then decorated with stickers and ribbon.  They always seem to be a big hit.

2 comments:

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

loVe your wreath and your flowers!! So dang adorable! And i think you win for best cards last year, i can't wait to see what you came up with this year. loVe the hand sanitizer idea too. thanks! (i know why it is your favorite week... someone is about to have a birthday!!!)

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

I love the Valentine ideas! Unfortunately, I saw them too late to use this year. Maybe next - what a cute way to decorate my gray little cubicle at work!!!

And I Wish You a Very Happy Birthday!!!

Love,
MOM