Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Beak.......the 40 year-old's version.

It's been well over 2 decades since I had my own spring break.  Going back to school has been quite the trip.  I would really regret not posting for my posterity just how much of a trip it has been.  First, can I just say to my grandchild and great-grandchildren-to-be:  Finish college straight out of high school!  I understand that you will be sick of school and ready to spread your own wings, but hang in there.  Finishing right away is a whole different ball game than trying to do it later in life. 
Don't get me wrong, going back "later in life" also comes with a few benefits - like my brain has been kick-started.  Just when I thought I was "sharp" and on my game, along comes text books, essays, and group projects and discussions that just confirm that I was indeed kidding myself.  I was well versed in the matters at hand in my own home and with the family, but was indeed out of practice when it came to learning new things and broadening my horizons.  At times I find the learning process invigorating.  Other times, an inconvenience (usually because I am putting our larger fires within my own home).
I have a few weeks of statistics left then I will officially have my AA.  I've already applied to UNF for the fall to continue my journey.  One step at a time I'm determined to finish.
So, for this college girl there will be no sun and fun this week (we have rain here in FL), and no girls trips down to Mexico (This was the thing to do for spring break during my first foray into college - allegedly).  I do get to put the books down and enjoy the kids (who are also off this week) and rejoice in the fact that
 all.is.well.   

0 comments: