It's hard to believe the summer is coming to a close. In a little over a week, we will have a 6th grader, 4th grader and one in VPK. I can honestly say that this has been an enjoyable summer! I think now that our youngest is 4 1/2, we had a little more freedom to come and go. We enjoy our babies when they are tiny, but they.are.work. Period.
The highlight of our summer was making our first family trip to Washington D.C. Not only does Rodney's brother Brian (and his wife) live there, but we wanted to go and say goodbye to some of our dearest friends moving out of the country. We knew it would be 3-5 years before we would probably see them again, so the trip was bittersweet.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
The End of Summer is Here....
So off we went.....12 hours there, and what turned out to be 16 (yes, SIXTEEN) hours home....
This was by far the prettiest rest stop we had been to in a while....flowers everywhere!
Leave it to my boys to find an open area of grass, a stick and a rock for a quick game of baseball while trying to stretch their legs out. Oh yeah, this is Brooke getting into the middle of things....
No one fought the minivan battle the way I did......but I must say, it's GREAT on long trips! (let's remember folks, this is the car on the way. I'm sure that had I have taken one on the way home, items would have been spilling out all of the doors)
Stayed the night in Kenly, NC. Apparently they have a famous truck stop called Kenly 95. We took a moment to check it out and educate our children on the ins and outs of what one might need if you were a trucker on the road. They thought it was cool that there were showers and a small movie theater for the truckers to use.
Speechless.
Once in Virginia, the kids were thrilled to be among good friends.....lots of late nights, but sooo worth it.
I thought it would be fun to bring these huge human hamster balls I found at Costco. They took forever to blow-up.....
And then gave me a continual heart attack each time the kids got in them. Although they seemed to love them, it was not a well thought out plan on my behalf.
There goes poor Ritchie down the slide...
I am still counting my blessings that our husbands couldn't fit in them!
More to follow.....it was a long week and we took lots of pictures!
Posted by Melissa at 8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
Looks like Rodney and Nate have a little bit of the South left in them. ;)
Lauren looks really good in this picture.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhNm95fxH9EBgeqReywAgCjpeo4Tr_x0Km8ueq93pk5rSfmVJOv1g7jFxMiDmrUMZskl8TBPlPCxmbOKZHE7_APEH4xQYjMnEvnyBpq08yGfwX1kahgdmyneUhYV7KKnc_29w75m-FYYwU/s0/Lo+with+Flower+%25282%2529.jpg
I put her on display in my living room and bedroom life size in my large digital picture displays as soon as I downloaded it. She literally appeared to be directly in front of me when I was admiring her gorgeous facial features and those good looks of hers. The display is warm and silky smooth so I leaned close and began kissing her and it blew me away. It seemed like she came to life and I was really kissing her. It is going to be fun doing homework in the evening when I can take a break and go admire a good looking girl and spend time kissing her!
Post a Comment