Wednesday, May 14, 2008

In Rememberance of Hudson Bussie

Rodney's sweet grandfather passed away yesterday. "Papa Hud" died peacefully after several years of being in declining health. Rodney left this morning to be with his mother in Alabama for the rest of the week. The funeral is scheduled for Friday. I was lucky enough to meet Papa Hud about 12 years ago while at the height of his coherent twilight years. I remember thinking that his very southern grandparents were straight out of a movie about the deep South. I still love when his grandmother replies, "Well I Declare!" over just about anything. And Papa Hud had a sharp and witty sense of humour. Nathan and Lauren were a little shaken when the end finally came (he's been in the hospital for several weeks). They each wrote a letter they wanted to have laid to rest with him. Nathan's was sweet and he ended his with "I'll see you in heaven!" Papa Hud was the center of the Bussie clan and will be missed by many. "God be with you till we meet again"...

0 comments: