I lOVE my crock pot (this is the one I actually use pictured here)..... It's so handy when you don't want to slave over a hot stove, are short on time, or when your a/c is not working properly and you can't imagine turning the stove on at all (this was me yesterday). So I have a couple of things I make regularly in the crocky - my fav is crockpot chicken tacos (4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 can of black seasoned beans - juice and all, and 1 cup of salsa) Cook on low 6-8 hours, or high 4 hours. About 30 minutes before taking out of the crock, shred the chicken. It is delicious on tacos, great on a great salad, terrific as a filling for enchiladas, and yummy on nachos. As if that wasn't enough, it freezes well and is healthy!
My other crockpot staple is the old Sunday pot roast (1 pack of dry lipton onion soup and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup). You can add 1 or 2 cups of water for extra gravy. Cook until roast is done (I like it when it shreds easily with a fork) - it makes the whole house smell delicious.
And while we are on the lines of crockery classics, Cha-Cha's White Chicken Chili is also a favorite around here. My kids even eat this one. Don't forget to use sour cream and crushed tortilla chips on top of your serving!
Gotta run- I'm hungry now (can I eat lunch at 10:50 in the morning?) Do you have any new great recipes to share?


1 comments:
I'm so glad you found Fiddledeedee. It was so funny to see your comment after chatting with you at the mall Wed. Saw this post and thought I'd send you a link to a woman who is cooking in her crockpot everyday for a year! http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
Nice meeting you!
Karen
Post a Comment