Graham Cracker Candy that is. Oh my word!
Before I tell you how to make another tasty treat for your taste buds, can I just give a big kudos to the Jacksonville's Westside Baptist Church! Our family attended their Christmas Celebration show last night and it was spectacular! A two-hundred plus choir (and youth choir, and children's choir), a huge orchestra, lights, dancing, singing, oh my. They included the entire audience. It was amazing. It made us dance, sing and ponder the real reason for the season.
Our family happens to attend The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (otherwise known as the Mormon church). I often get asked if we believe in Christ or in Christmas. We do - and it's even in the name of our church! Our beliefs are centered in him and we, like all other christian religions, celebrate his birth this time of year.
You can visit this website here and get free scriptures and DVDs. I might recommend the Joy to the World and Mr. Krueger's Christmas (starring Jimmy Stewart) DVDs. They are great to watch with the family this time of year. And they are FREE - and you can simply request them online.
My friend Lori P. makes this yummy treat for our cookie exchange. It's only 4 ingredients people - trust me, you can handle it (and maybe you'll even thank me later - which I will promptly pass along to Lori!)
Step one - line a cookie sheet with a single layer of graham crackers (I break mine into fourths)
Step Two - For 3 minutes, boil 1 cup of butter (that's 2 sticks folks - you can use butter, margarine or a combo of both) and 1/2 cup of sugar.
Step Three - Pour over graham crackers and sprinkle with nuts of your choice (I used crushed walnuts here)
Step Four - Bake at 360 degrees for 10 minutes (no longer). Let cool and break apart.

4 comments:
Thanks for posting another great recipe....I can't wait to make some of them. I also need your new address for our Christmas card....email me. Thanks.
These look yummy! Great idea for my upcoming cookie and ornament swap! Great blog.
They sound delicious! I always enjoy an easy recipe.
That is so funny that you posted the recipe. I took a couple of Lori's cookies at the exchange last week, and they looked so ... I think I'll say so "unassuming", meaning that they don't look like they would be the most fabulous, delightful thing ever, but they are. You can not eat just one. That night I hunted Lori down to get the recipe. Yum.
Post a Comment