Thursday, January 29, 2009

Facebook's 25 Random Things...

I had a minute yesterday so I completed my first ever - "things about me post". I'd never done one thinking certainly no one cares about the smallest tidbits of my life (it really can be quite boring). Anywhoo for those of you trying to get out of your daily chores/work by reading blogs and facebook posts, this is for you (I'm just trying to do my part)...

1. I live in the oldest city in the US (yep - St Augustine - check your history books)

2. I was born and raised in California but feel I missed the boat being born as a true southern belle decades ago.

3. I was born left handed until I cut off the tip of my left ring finger when I was a toddler. I still have the scars from where they sewed it back on. Since then I've been right handed.

4. I love to torture my children by making them dance to 80s music with me in the kitchen.

5. I love anything chocolate/mint or chocolate/peanut butter

6. I love to cook, but hate the grocery shopping and clean-up (the couponing challenge is the only thing that makes it interesting to me - see my blog)

7. Sometimes I look at my children and think "Am I really almost 40 and have 3 children?" I get completely overwhelmed by the fact I'm responsible for them. Scary stuff.

8. I hate cleaning bathrooms.

9. But I do love to iron.

10. In my next life I'm coming back as a hollywood movie star with no morals or values. That would soooo rock.

11. Everything that can open in my house right now is under "lockdown". I have everything "Brooke proof". Except the older two are having a hard time turning the dang door knob covers when they need to!

12. I STILL drive my 10 year-old black Dodge Durango. (Don't hate me because of my bad-@#$%! car!)

13. For the second time in the last decade we purchased a home in a developing neighborhood. My days are filled watching construction crews and listening to really bad Spanish music. Keep your fingers crossed they don't pee on the side of my house (yes, this happened in GA)

14. I hate to work out, but with everything "going south" these days I need to get busy.

15. I need to clean out my refrigerator.

16. Still waiting on tax stuff in the mail to get crackin on our taxes!

17. I'm scared about the economy and the current spending, I mean "stimulus" bill they are trying to get approved by congress (sorry Obama lovers)

18. Freezing temps in Florida should be outlawed. Come on, it's just not natural. Luckily we only get small spurts of freezing weather.

19. I don't like to share my drink or eating utensils with anyone. It doesn't make much sense - I would french-kiss my hot hubbie in a nano-second, but he better not go near my straw, fork, toothbrush, etc... (sorry babe)

20. I love mexican food - yes, this includes my beloved Taco Bell.

21. I don't eat sushi.

22. I am a bit OCD about my bedtime routine - it's kinda creepy

23. I need a vacation.

24. I live 2 hours from Disney World and STILL haven't been yet (hoping to go for my birthday!)

25. This is the 1st "things about me" list I've ever filled out. Sorry to have wasted your time!!!

1 comments:

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

I can't stop laughing. It is only 2am in the morning here, first of all, and I must say I am one of the ones you are talking about getting my blog reading in instead of my precious sleep. Laughed at each of your comments. I miss you girl!