"Tomorrow? Super!", replied the very tired Florida desperate housewife. After having holiday company finally leave 4 weeks after Christmas, she was looking forward into getting back into her routine. A dear friend offered to watch her youngest for a couple of hours so that she could get some much needed time alone. What does one do with oneself for 120 kid-free minutes these days?
Toes. Feet. Gross toes and feet. A pedicure was exactly what she needed.
As minuscule as it sounded, even driving in the car with music cranked up to whatever she darned-well-pleased to run over for the pedicure sounded like heaven. The fact that the establishment she was headed to did not speak more than 10 words of the English language made the time alone all the more appealing. Ah yes, tomorrow...will it be red, pink or the oh-so-sheik dark blue toes?
"Mom, I don't feel very good", said her darling 6 year-old daughter right before bed.
"Run to bed dear, you have school in the morning", desperate housewife said in the sweetest you better not really be sick tone.
Five minutes later, a door slams. The sound of a child getting sick in the bathroom echos down the hall. Red flags and sirens go off in her mind. UUUGGGHHH.
What would any good desperate housewife think? My toes!!!!! (OK, the truth is she really just hoped she made it to the toliet)
The next morning is filled with the usual day-in-day-out routine. Plus one child. Who apparently is well enough to watch tv, play on the computer and paint.
The youngest, in her two year-old oblivion, sits on the counter to "assist" her mother in making cookies. Three of which the "sick" darling daughter will promptly eat when they come out of the oven.

Desperate housewife in now heading to the bathroom to dig out her own nail polish bag..... Maybe she's give it another try next week...


3 comments:
Now I am wanting Chocolate Chip cookies so I am going to have to try that recipe. Hopefully next week you can go get your toes done.
You crack me up, as always! Funny... I have those same experiences. It must be the perks of motherhood! Javan called me a couple weeks ago after being at school an hour and interrupted my percious nap time. Needless to say, he wasn't too sick to play outside, eat junkfood, and everything else you said! Oh well, I guess they want their breaks too (even if it is at our expense!)
Love it! I can so relate. I finally went to get my FIRST pedicure when I was 9 months pregnant with Caroline. I had no idea what I was doing! You rock!
Post a Comment