My photography class went on it's 1st field trip Saturday to the Mission of Nombre de Dios in St Augustine. We had hoped to catch the sunrise, but it was pretty foggy. Here is the "Great Cross" looming a whopping 208 feet high.....
Just below the cross on the left, there is a really cool chapel and cemetery from the mid-1500's. There were some interesting statues to shoot (that and I'm a sucker for anything that resembles a child with wings!)
I loved the old knotted tree in the background on this one...



5 comments:
Very nice pics.
Those look so great!
I love that knotted tree too! I have a love affair with trees, though...
These are amazing! I love them all... but my favorite is the child angel. :)
I believe he is St. Joseph, "honored as the spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary" and St. Joseph "the worker". At least that is what the sign said.
Nice pics. I want to see more.
You make me want to take a photography class now. I will have to look into it one day. You took some really stellar pictures my friend!
Post a Comment