We are making some progress with the girls room..... Here is what it looked like before (with everything pulled to the middle of the room for painting). I find it strange and exciting opening a can of paint and rolling on a bright color over boring white!
After painting the green, we added a bit of white to the original green paint and added polka dots to each of the side walls. It's hard to tell, but to the left of this picture is a crib where a "big girl" bed will soon reside. The polka dots are on each of the "bed walls".
I found these cute flower pots at Cracker Barrel after Valentine's Day for $2 each. I find shopping Valentine's and Easter clearance is a great time to find decor for little girls rooms. I also found all of the picture frames on clearance at Michaels.
Hung a couple of pics to the wall near Brooke's bed.......I love this Simon Dewey picture of Christ with children. His work is amazing. You can see more of it here.

So here is where we are.....I'm undecided on what to do with the top window. I have to cover it because the sun is BLAZING hot here in Florida and this room gets lots of afternoon sun. I'm thinking I'm going to tint it. I think that's a better option than fabric (because the fabric would have to be dark). I'm on the hunt for two matching beds. I bought super cute polka dot bed sheets, I just need new comforters. I'm also torn on the light fixture - we almost have to have ceiling fans here in Florida, but I've put it off because I really wanted something girly. But I guess I don't want my children to sleep in pools of sweat during the summer.... Oh, I do still need to re-paint the white dressers we have in there. So much to do, so little time....


4 comments:
It looks so cute. I think you should tint the window because you don't want it too dark in there room. I love the polka dots and the pictures of the girls.
I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I used to be ahead but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere, and it's a tight race now. I would so much appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥
Love the room and where it is going! Those pictures of the girls are adorable! I need some good pics of my boys... when are you coming to take them???
Re: the top window... This may be off the wall, but how about doing some kind of ribbon or beaded valance type thing over the window? I wonder if there would be a way for it to filter the light coming from that window without totally covering it up? Or maybe some kind of tulle or mosquito net type fabric? You could pouf it up somehow and incorporate it into the window treatments for the lower window?
Post a Comment