Rodney was actually home for a few brief days last week (in between his weeks working on a project in Puerto Rico). We took the kids and headed downtown to mingle with the tourists. St Augustine is famous for it's rich history including the pirates that used to pillage here. You can read more about my town here.
Holy-mother-of-all-things-scary - who in the heck gave my kids real swords?!? Oh, that's right, the funny pirate man with the bad wig...... the kids loved it.

Here is the same pirate doing a cannon demonstration (I just knew the bad wig was going to catch on fire. It didn't. Darn.)

I love that North Florida is a great mix of deep south and typical Floridian foliage. We have the old knotty oak trees mixed with a million types of palm trees. It's beautiful.

One of my favorite streets around.... the picture doesn't do it justice...

Sweet Lauren and Nate....(sorry, I didn't have time to fix how yellow this top pic is. the exposure was off - don't judge - no names mentioned, annette) :-)

We are anxious for Rodney to come home in a few days so we can head off to Disney World. We've lived here a year and a half so it's ABOUT TIME! I'm sooooo excited!

2 comments:
What are you talking about, your pictures are always fabulous. Besides, you have such a great creative "eye", something I have nothing of.
Love the picture of the road with all the Live Oaks. Beautiful.
Love the pictures! I really want to learn how to take pics and I need a nice camera to do it with! One day.... I am glad you had a good reunion with your hubby. It is hard without them, huh?!
I'm, jealous that 1.) you get to go to Disney and 2.)your husband will be able to come home from his trip for good. But I am happy for you!
Post a Comment