Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A picture to brighten your day.....

Yes, amongst all of the 80s hair is me (second from the left). I think this was taken graduation night (or for some graduation ceremony our senior year). Left to right is Joy, myself, Kristie, Justene and Michelle. I'm starting to dig out more photos to scan.....old friends beware! I always seem to get great feedback when I post from the big hair days. I think people just enjoy me looking like a freak. I'm sure back then I thought I was H.O.T. S.T.U.F.F.......

Flash forward twenty years to 2009......

I can't believe it's been a couple of weeks since I posted! My brother and sister were in town, and then we were hit by the flu/cold bug. Rodney left town on business for 3 weeks just in time to not get sick (because let's face it, the only worse than sick kids is a sick husband). So we are now on the mend and getting back to reality. I usually do ok holding down the fort while Rodney is gone, but that only lasts about a week. Since we are 10 days into his 3 week absence, my resolve is wearing thin. I'm glad my mother is with us and able to help, but I really just miss my best friend. Hurry home honey.......

My mom and I are feeling industrious this week so we decided to finally paint the kids rooms. We've been in this house for a year, so it's high time we did something about their white walls. I visited HGTV's Rate My Space website for ideas. I love that regular people post their decorating talent and open themselves up for a rating system. Some of the rooms are beautiful, some..... not so much. I'm in love with the whole green and pink for a girls room. I headed out yesterday and bought Colorplace brand "Pesto" green. It's perfect. Of course by the time Lauren got home from school she lost the green and pink vision we had and shed tears over a green room. I had to show her more pics and the pretty pink curtain we bought....Oh the drama of a 6 year-old little girl!




I'm off to inhale more paint fumes......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the green and pink! I just happen to have a pink and green and white polka dotted "L" for her door that I'll have to give to Meg to send down!

Angela said...

Love all the rooms with the pink and green. Which one are you choosing? Can't wait to see.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the comments ladies! Angie - I painted so far and am supposed to get polka dots on the wall today. I thought they were very cute! I also found pink curtain panels on sale for $5 each at Walmart this week - yeah!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Man , am I green myself with jealousy that you have girls! Do think my boys would mind me painting their room like that? They might cry too! I can't wait to see the finished product. Oh, and let's talk about hair girlie!!! (I left you a comment back on my posting...)

Angela said...

I loved the polka dot idea and can't wait to see pictures when your done. Also love the picture of you and your friends.