Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter and Birthdays....

Another birthday/spring break/Easter holiday almost in the books. I'm exhausted this time of year and I just do it to myself. My oldest children's birthdays are 5 days apart (April 3rd and 8th). Then Easter usually falls very close (this year 4 days after Lo's b-day). One would think I would plan weeks ahead of time and have all of the b-day/Easter stuff purchased, hidden and on the ready...... unfortunately my life doesn't work that way. I tend to be on the organized side, ordinarily. Maybe I just thought I could coast through this holiday week and just "do as I go". Wrong. Luckily, we took the kids to Disney last week as their "big gift" so this week on Lauren's b-day we just had a few neighborhood kids over to decorate cupcakes. Oh! And Lauren got her ears pierced for her birthday. That was an experience!



Here we are on the scene at Claire's (man I wish I was 13 all over again - that store rocks!) Lo is picking out which earrings she wants. That fact that she had to keep these in for 6-8 weeks blew her mind. I'm thinking she is under the impression that she is going to wear my 3 inch hoops at some point in the near future (...as if...)


SCARED. I was surprised that the moment she got up in the chair to have it done she started whimpering...



As soon as the nice lady marked her ears and came at her with the piercing gun, the water works started..... it was a momentary scene, the crying got loud.... I tried to get her to leave and assure her that we didn't HAVE to do it. Not a chance, she was not leaving that chair without crossing over into what she thought was teenagehood. Finally she sat on my lap and I held her hand while she let the kind lady poke holes through her body.



SUCCESS. She's been in front of a mirror since her birthday on Weds.....


Weds night with neighborhood friends decorating cupcakes.....


Oh, did I mention I love peeps??? So do my kids unfortunately... Happy Easter everyone.



And Happy Birthday Nate - "9" is so close to "10" it freaks me out. You're almost an old man. I love you.


And Lauren! Happy Birthday to you my little firecracker! I hope your big "7" birthday was great. Kisses to you lovie...


2 comments:

Angela said...

We love the earrings Lauren. Nate you look so grown up I can't believe he is 9. Looks like you guys had great birthdays. Happy Easter!

Annette said...

Ear piercing, the things we do for beauty. It only gets worse, Lauren.

Fabulous last couple of shots of Nate and Lauren.