In the bottom of a muffin pan, add 1/2 tablespoon of unmelted butter, then evenly sprinkle 1 tablespoon of brown sugar over the bottom of each cup. Place the pan in the oven until the butter melts (approx. 3 minutes). Remove and insert one maraschino cherry in the middle of each cup and then surround cherry with drained crushed pineapple (a couple of tablespoonfuls).
Prepare a box of pineapple cake batter and pour into each cup. Bake at 350 until cupcakes are light brown. Once done, cool for 5 minutes and invert onto a cookie sheet. Move cupcakes onto a cooling rack to cool. Enjoy with cool whip or ice cream!!

4 comments:
Looks yummy I will have to try these.
oooo those look so good! I'm going to have to try this these for sure. Mini means less calories right? LOL
I've made the regular sized pineapple upside down cake for years....but never these. Great idea! Thanks! :)
This reminds me of a recipe I have for pineapple upside down cake for the crock pot. I need to dig that out. I'd love for you to participate in Crock Pot Wednesdays.
Post a Comment