Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies!

Somebody stop me - I can't stop eating them...... I'm in big trouble with these. Here we go - it's real simple.
In a bowl, combine:
  • 1 box of spice cake mix (edit on 11/13 - use just the dry mix - don't add anything to it. Then combine with ingredients below)
  • 1 can of 15 oz pumpkin (buy pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips.

Cook for 14-16 minutes at 350 degrees. Optional - slightly melt canned cream cheese frosting and drizzle on top. Word on warning, they don't flatten much when you bake them. (tip - flatten them slightly - they cook better that way and look more like a cookie!)

I love them without the frosting (they are more the consistency of pumpkin bread or a pumpkin muffin). Enjoy - Happy Fall Ya'll.....

6 comments:

mommynoodles said...

MMMM,do they ever look soooo good! lol I will be trying these,prob. by 2mor! lol The store was all out of pumpkin yesterday(how dare them) or would try them tonight! lol Thanks for sharing the recipe w/ us.
Natalie,

Angela said...

I love this time of year because I love all things pumpkin.....gotta make these soon.

Annette said...

Mmmm, I love pumpkin. The other day I was in Publix to buy some canned pumpkin to make bread, and they were out. The grocery manager said that they had not received a shipment of pumpkin in a long time because there was some contamination at the plant. I think they better clear up the problem soon, it's October. I'm going to need some pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, etc.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

You are my hero Mel...

Annette said...

I made these cookies last night. Very yummy. Except they were really soft and I baked them for a long time until they were no longer jiggly. I think we will make them again.

~Miss M~ said...

I made these tonight, they were a hit!