I knew when I originally saw these here we had to try them for v-day cards this year! So with minutes to spare yesterday afternoon, I snapped a couple of pics of the kids and zapped them over to CVS for developing. (I did add a text and a couple of embellishments in photoshop)
A couple of cuts on the photo and a bag of lollipops later, I was done! The best part is that is was no more expensive than buying the transformer-spiderman-barbie-princess cards we usually buy each year! I will never go back! The only problem I ran into was the wrapping on the suckers - silly me didn't read the tiny print on them ("you are cute" "BFF" "see you tonight") Of course Nate about died when he realized he was giving them out to the girls in his class! I tried to smooth things over by telling him ALL valentine's day candy comes plastered in "v-day" lingo. I told him the girls wouldn't notice. But who am I kidding? I noticed that stuff in the 4th grade! Today is there card exchange.....we'll see how it goes.


7 comments:
OMG! Those are the cutest things ever! Your kids are just too adorable! If I had time, I would try it too. You find the most creative things!
Oh, and I forgot to say that I thought of doing that very thing with all the cars I have had in a blog posting too. Maybe in a few months. But I loved seeing all the cars you have owned and the stories behind them!
Adorable kids and loving the Valentine idea. LOVE that you're LDS : )
Toni
Those are just so cute!
They turned out perfecto!! And I don't know what girl wouldn't want to "see him tonight" - what a cutie!
(and tell me that's not real stitching on your daughters....actually, don't tell me...I don't want to know...)
Love these, very cute.
Melissa those are so cute. You are so creative and I may have to steal your idea for next year.
Wow, they turned out fabulous!
Post a Comment