Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Aftermath...

Ok, so I survived yesterday and the fact that I am officially now one year older. Outside of the same creaky knees and crow's feet, I don't feel any older than I did on Saturday (just prior to my b-day). Thanks to all of you who sent cards/emails/phone calls with birthday wishes. It was a pretty low key day (being church day and all.) My sweet hubby took me to dinner and a movie the night prior so I really got to celebrate 2 nights in a row. I enjoyed Rodney and the kids making me dinner and showering me with gifts! I actually got my first ipod! (I know, welcome to the 21st century.) We've used mp3's for a while and I'm thrilled to have something so fancy (yes, I'm a total dork.) I also got a cool Bose docking station for it as well. It will be fun to surf the itunes store for new artists!

A couple of more crafts before we say goodbye to Valentine's Day for another year. I have a new found love of buttons. I also find a needle and thread very therapeutic. I ordered a bag of buttons off Ebay and made this:


And I just have to give a shout-out to my super crafty friend C.I. (you so know who you are.) She made me this darling v-day wreath. I love the detail! This is one talented gal that needs.a.blog.already. Do share with the rest of blogland your skillz girl!

2 comments:

Annette said...

Happy Birthday, oldie-moldy girl. I'm right behind you. I'm grateful for our friendship.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Happy Birthday again! (I hope you got my pre-birthday wishes the week before). I LOVE the buttons!