Tuesday, July 13, 2010

An Impromptu Spa Party!

So right around Wednesday of last week I agreed to let Lauren have a few friends over on Friday night for a little spa party.  Sometimes the middle of summer is the hardest for kids.  I thought a small party would give her something to be excited about.  Excited she was.  In fact I was so thankful we did not have more lead time, because it was all she talked about for 36 hours straight.  I called a few of her friends and the plans were set....

I found this great tutorial online for really simple bracelets HERE.  I had previously purchased a small amount of fabric, buttons and cheap walmart bracelets.

So the first thing we had the girls do was make a bracelet.  It's a pretty simple craft and I can't wait to take a minute to make some "big girl" ones for me!


I had to laugh when they put on "masks" and we handed them cucumbers for their eyes - some of the girls weren't sure what to think.  Not Brooke as you can see by the picture.  She was all business when it came to pampering herself (she is SO her mother's child).
After facials, it was pedicures and manicures for everyone.  I was so thankful that my friend Annette stayed when she brought her daughter, I'm not sure how I would have tended to all of these girls alone (what was I thinking?)
We ended the evening with cupcakes, fruit and karaoke!
It was a lot fun!  I'm so thankful that we know so many great girls Lauren's age. 
I can do two hours of uncontrollable giggles any time!

3 comments:

Annette said...

You are crazy!! Who invites 10 girls over for a spa party?? We had a fabulous time! Kate talked about it for days (especially the cucumber part). Cupcakes and lemon-aid ... much better than mineral water and veggies!

Anonymous said...

Ummm....So sorry I missed this! It looks like fun!
Grandma

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Oh that looked like my kind of night! I am so in need of a spa day but no one to go with! You are a great mom!