HAD.TO.SHARE.
I had a wicked sweet tooth last night and whipped up a plain Duncan Hines yellow cake mix. I was low on butter but had butter flavored Crisco. I did a quick online search for frosting that had Crisco in the recipe. Viola! Over at Nosh With Me, just the recipe I needed was found (recipe below)!
Butter flavored Crisco has become a staple in my kitchen. It is great for baking!
I didn't want a ton of frosting left over, so I cut everything in the recipe in half - it is just enough for a 9x13 sheet cake. The frosting was good, but it needed a little more "zing" so I added about 1/4 teaspoon of lemon extract and a couple of drops of yellow food coloring and was AMAZING!
Here is the full recipe - remember to half it for a sheet cake!
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup butter flavor Crisco
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup milk
Preparation
In a large bowl, cream butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Add salt, vanilla, confectioners’ sugar and milk. Beat well.
So go ahead - who cares about the size of our butts until New Year's - right?
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment