Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I'm embarrassed to say that it's been months since I've posted on this blog......In fact, in my last post it was right before school started.  The school year is now half over - does that tell you anything?

The bottom line, is that we are alive and well.  I just found that I needed to pair down on some extra hobbies (blogging) and stick to more important things (like feeding my kids and taking care of my family).  I also attempted (and completed) 3 classes over fall semester.  It was the latter that DID.ME.IN.

Most nights I couldn't tell you what was going to be for dinner or if your laundry would be done.  But I could tell you about the Monroe Motivated Sequence in giving a speech, or why the laws of redistricting are so crucial in an election (from govt), or all you ever needed to know about the African Muslim slave trade in the 1800s (world religion).  There were so many nights I thought "Why is it again I need to know all of these things?"  Ahh - It's called getting an education.  I believe in it, I'm glad I'm doing it, just get frustrated with having to retain things that I feel I won't need to recall.  Ever.  So on January 6th, it's on to Statistics and Humanities.....hoping that 2 classes with be a bit more manageable.  Please pray for me - I haven't taken a math class in 20 years...

So, with all of those excuses on the table, I did really just want to say Merry Christmas.  It's such a magical time of the year and so much fun watching the kids die of anticipation.

So here are just a bunch of pics taken over the last few months of the happenings around here:
Brooke started pre-school two mornings a week.  I cried like a baby the first day after I left.  It was really bitter sweet.  I think it's all of the "last firsts" with the end of the line child.  She is thrilled and loves going.


Nate finished up his first season of tackle football.  Both he and Rodney toughed out the rough practice and game schedule.  Nate did awesome and Rodney was such a patient coach to all of the boys.
Halloween is always so great here - this year Nate was a mad scientist, Lo was a 50s girl, and Brooke a fairy.

Thanksgiving this year ROCKED.  We rented a condo in Myrtle Beach with our dear friends from the D.C. area.  It was a perfect place to meet halfway.  Our six kids kept it lively (and loud)....it was fabulous!
(Did I mention Rodney ended up having surgery on a torn bicep tendon just 6 days before we left?  It was a crazy couple of weeks!)
 I love that girlfriends just get better with age......friends for over 30 years (and no girl, that's not a put down - don't send me any hate mail)
This pretty girl dazzled us in four performances of A Snow White Christmas earlier this month.  It was her first attempt at community theater and she was cast as one of the two Snow White characters for the play.  It was so much fun to see her in her element.  I'm sure it's just the beginning of her stage life yet to come.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Good job, you summarized four months in one post.

I'm very impressed with your return to school plan. Not an easy thing to do with a family.

Meg said...

Missing you girl. I love to see all the pics of the kiddos and glad to hear you survived your first semester back to school. I am proud of you!! I will give you a ring over the Christmas break. I am up in Virginia for a few weeks.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Loved your update! I didn't realize you were so busy with school! I guess you started today again, good luck! Looking great as ever! Great pic of Rod's mom and dad at Christmas too! You are a ham! Love you!